Monday, December 16, 2013

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games ...
it might be better than the Potters.  Maybe not!  I don't know.  They're so different, but what I can say is that they are the first YA fantasy books I've read that even competed.  They have the drive, the intrigue, the right characters, the right amount of the various elements...
Well done, kudos, I'm so excited for the movies!

I didn't review the 1st, but here're the 2nd two "reviews"

My "Review" on the 2nd:
Excellent follow up to the 1st book. Not much I can say that will be original. I read this very quickly, of course. Am very much looking forward to seeing the 2nd movie. And I'm gearing up for Book 3!

My "Review" on the 3rd:
Fantastic. I am so excited to see the 2nd, 3rd and 4th movies now! I can't say much... it's not worth it to ruin this series for anyone. But it was truly well done. I'm impressed with Collins and her ability to write such a mature story in the young adult genre, without crossing unnecessary lines. I did not LOVE all of her final choices... in particular 1 made me mad (no spoiler), but on the whole, it was great!!

(Note: reviews is in quotes because, as HIGHLY read series, these books don't require full reviews and I'm merely providing a quick snapshot into my reactions!)

No comments: