Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Meeting the Dog Girls by Gay Terry

Review based on ARC.

Absolutely worth your time.

The words and images on the cover of this little treasure do not do justice to what is within.  Terry's imagination and creativity are a welcome addition to my library.

Again, I find myself reading short stories -- a collection of things.  I used to think that I wasn't really into short stories, but really, I think it was just too many bad sets in a row.  Suddenly emerge writers who bring new light to the "genre."

Like Gaiman's Fragile Things, I found myself quickly turning pages of short little snippets that came to feel like personal friends.  I both did not want each story to end and could not wait to get to the next one to see what else Terry had in store for me.

Terry's gift is in presenting the crazy, the abnormal, the other-worldly with subtlety and elegance.

I highly recommend.
FIVE of five stars.

No comments: